Wednesday 12 October 2011

Birth after 1961- Documents required

Documents required for registration of Birth in Portugal for those who were born after the year 1961.

In this case the following steps are to be followed:

1. You cannot apply directly for Portuguese Nationality. You have to register the Birth of your parents first in Portugal. Only after that can you submit your own application.

2. To register your parents you will need the same documents as mentioned in my previous post for those born before 1961. 

3. After the registration of your Parents birth is Portugal is done, you can proceed with collection of the following documents for your own process-

1. Your Birth Certificate
2. Assento de Nascimento of your parent(s) who is(are) registered in Portugal
3. Birth Certificate of the parent whose birth is not registered in Portugal
4. Marriage Registraion Certificate of your parents done in Portugal
5. Residence Certificate

6. Indian Identification Document

In later posts we shall see in detail from where each of these documents can be acquired.


If you have any queries, kindly leave a comment below or email : goa2portugal@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Why would one need a residence certificate again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the current fees for registering Birth and Marriage directly in Lisbon as of May 2014?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice suggestions , BTW , if you is searching for a service to merge two images , my colleague found a service here AltoMerge and also here PDFfiller.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    I'm Vaishali from Junagdh
    My grandfather born in Diu in 1942 .my mother born also in Diu 1972. I have my grandfather birthcertifite and marriage certificate in 1989 my mother married in Junagadh Gujarat.my born is in 1990 can I apply for Portuguese passport. And answer is yes then how can I applied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    I am akshay from goa
    My mother born in 1972 but my grandmother born in 1952 but my grandmother was already got death and she dont registered there marriegde so without her marriedge can i make portuguese passport i got grandmother birth 1952 and i got her birth teor
    My mother birth 1972 also marriedge my birth indian passport and id proof

    ReplyDelete
  6. whats the minimum time required to make a new portuguese passport

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made my portuguese passport recently and have never been to UK before now dat i am married after doing my passport and would like to take me husband as dependent on me
    Is it necessary that i should go and stay in UK first and then only take my husband?? Or both can go togather at the same time??

    ReplyDelete